Parent Teacher Organization (PTO)
PTO Officers and Committee Chairs for 2018-19
Vice President/President Elect
Room Parent Coordinator
Did you know?
Each grade has a group of room parents who serve as liaisons between each grade's teachers and parents and help keep everyone abreast of important school events and initiatives. Most room parent communication comes by email.
Get to know our PTO President
Second and fifth grade parent
Bio coming soon.
Today’s person may live in his house,
but his real home is in the world around him.
— Yeshayahu Leibowitz
Welcome to the Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO)!
The goal of Denver Jewish Day School’s PTO is to encourage parent and teacher partnerships in and out of the classroom, support school leadership, build and strengthen our school community, and promote the school’s mission and Divrei Chaim (Words to Live By). Working in cooperation with our Board of Trustees, head of school/CEO, staff, students, and their families, the PTO provides faculty and staff with additional resources that further enrich our students’ education.
Every parent of a Denver JDS student is a member of the PTO.As parents, we are each a vital part of the success of Denver JDS and its positive impact on our children, both in and out of the classroom. Together, we host special programs and activities that bring our community closer together and support the growth of our community in a supportive and meaningful way. Our contributions of time and financial resources help ensure our children have access to leading-edge educational opportunities and that teachers have the resources they need to provide these opportunities.
How We Contribute
The PTO helps build and strengthen the Denver JDS community throughout the year and in several ways, including:
- A contribution of $5,000 to the school’s annual operating budget
- A contribution of $5,000 to fulfill faculty and staff wish list items (In the past, these items have supported such initiatives as upgraded Wi-Fi capabilities, new television screens for use in education, the establishment of a C.O.O.L classroom, and more)
- Faculty and staff appreciation, including holiday gifts, conference day snack baskets, staff appreciation gifts, and more
- Graduation gifts for outgoing seniors
Fundraising and FUN-raising
Throughout the year, the PTO conducts several fundraisers and events that raise money and connect our school community:
- Box Tops 4 Education (year-long)
- Faculty/staff gifts (December)
- Fall photography fundraiser
- Ice Cream Fridays (Fall/Spring)
- Mishloach Manot Purim baskets (Feb/March)
- School supply fundraiser (June)
- Silent Auction (Fall)
- Sukkah Hop (Fall)
- Art Extravaganza (May)
- Faculty/Staff Appreciation Week (May)
- Book Fair (Fall/Spring)
For a list of upcoming PTO events, please visit our school calendar.
Want to get involved with the Denver JDS PTO? For a list of PTO volunteer opportunities, contact PTO President Mindy Greenwald at firstname.lastname@example.org.