Important Lunch Dates
Fall lunch registration is now closed.
Important Lunch Information
- Students are not charged for lunch on retreat dates. If your student’s grade is participating in a school retreat he/she will not receive school lunches on the days of the retreat.
- If your student’s class is attending a field trip on a day he/she receives hot lunch, a sack lunch consisting of a sunbutter sandwich, fruit, and juice will be provided.
- Refunds will not be given due to student absences, weather-related/unforeseen school closures and/or changes in scheduled retreats.
- We reserve the right to cancel a lunch offering if there are fewer than 10 orders for it.
- Late registrations will incur a $20 fee and changes to lunch orders after they have been placed will incur a $15 fee.
If there is no food, there is no learning;
if there is no learning, there is no food.
— Ethics of Fathers 3:17
The Denver Jewish Day School lunch program is a delicious, nutritious, convenient, and kosher hot lunch program every day of the week.
Most meals are prepared by Culinary Masters in an onsite kitchen located adjacent to our Strear Family Gymnasium in the Upper Division. Brooklyn Pizza is an additional lunch provider.
Kindergarten through fourth grade students eat lunch in the Lower Division lunchroom and students in fifth through 12th grades eat lunch in the Upper Division Lowinger Family Commons, where lunch is served buffet-style.
In an effort to provide healthier, well-balanced lunches sugary desserts are served only on Tuesdays. On other days of the week, a fruit dessert is provided.
Lunch options vary by grade.
For more information about the Denver JDS lunch program, please contact Lunch Coordinator Ori Bieder.
Day-Of and Emergency Lunch Orders
While it is best to pre-order lunches through online lunch registration, sometimes the kitchen can accommodate last-minute "day-of" lunch orders. “Day-of” lunch orders must be placed by 9:30 a.m. by calling the kitchen at 303-369-0663, ext. 238. Please leave a voice message if they do not answer immediately.
Day-of lunches cost $8.00. This fee includes a surcharge for last-minute preparation. Students in the Lower Division without a lunch will be provided the option of an emergency lunch (consisting of crackers, cream cheese, and fruit) at a charge of $5.00.