Extended Day Options
It is not your responsibility to finish the work of perfecting the world,
but you are not free to desist from it either.
— Ethics of Our Fathers 2:21
Before School Care / After School Care / BLAST Programs
- DJDS is excited to offer extended day options for students during the 2021-2022 school year. While we are thrilled to offer more opportunities at school for students and families, we want to make sure we are being cautious with how many cohorts students are exposed to. Each grade level will be considered one cohort. Each grouping will be considered an additional cohort (Before School Care, After School Care, and each BLAST class).
- We understand that many families rely on before and after school care due to various circumstances, and we want to make sure that everyone who needs these services has access to them. There will be capacity limits for all auxiliary programs.
- While COVID transmission levels are high or substantial, we will limit the number of cohorts for students to three cohorts per student. That means that in a given week, each student will be a part of their grade level cohort, and if they choose to participate in extended day activities, they will be allowed to be in two additional cohorts. That may include, Before School Care, After School Care, or a BLAST class.
- Please keep in mind that if your student is a part of a number of cohorts, the risk of COVID exposure and quarantine does also increase.
- If you want your child to participate in Before School Care or After School Care please read the following BSC/ACS Letter and complete the linked registration form contained in the letter.
- To sign up for specific days for Before and After Care please click here. We do not currently offer “drop-ins” for these programs. If you have not filled out the registration form above your child will not be able to participate in after care even if they are signed up.
- BLAST Information will be sent three times during the 2021-22 school year for three different BLAST registration periods (Fall, Winter, Spring).
After School BLAST Programming
The Denver Jewish Day School after school enrichment program, BLAST, offer students in kindergarten through fifth grade innovative opportunities that meet a wide range of interests. Blast programs are offered in the fall, winter, and spring and last eight to 10 weeks. Examples offered include art, soccer, cross country, yoga, tennis, and more.
Click here to see the 2021-22 Winter BLAST offerings.
For more information, please contact Denver JDS faculty member and BLAST program coordinator Ryan Schafer at firstname.lastname@example.org.