Welcome to the Parent-Teacher Organization (PTO)!
Denver Jewish Day School’s PTO exists to encourage parent and teacher partnership in and out of the classroom, support school leadership, build and strengthen our school community and promote the school’s mission, values and guiding principles. Working in cooperation with the Board of Trustees, Head of School (HOS/CEO), staff, students and their families, the PTO provides faculty and staff with additional resources that further enrich our students’ education.
Every parent of a DJDS student is a member of the PTO.
As parents, we are each a vital part of the success of Denver Jewish Day School and its positive impact on our children, both in and out of the classroom. Together, we host special programs and activities that bring our community closer together and support the growth of our community in a supportive and meaningful way. Our contributions of time and financial resources help ensure our children have access to leading-edge educational opportunities, and that teachers have the resources they need to provide these opportunities.
How we contribute
The PTO helps build and strengthen the DJDS community throughout the year and in several ways, including:
- A contribution of $5,000 to the school’s annual operating budget
- A contribution of $5,000 to fulfill faculty and staff wish-list items (in the past, these items have supported such initiatives as upgraded wifi capabilities, new television screens for use in education, the establishment of a C.O.O.L classroom and more)
- Faculty and staff appreciation, including holiday gifts, conference day snack baskets, staff appreciation and more
- Graduation gifts for outgoing Seniors
FUNDRAISING AND FUN-RAISINGThroughout the year, the PTO conducts several fundraisers and events raise money and engage our school community:
- Box Tops 4 Education
- Faculty/staff gifts (December & May)
- Fall photography fundraiser
- Ice Cream Fridays
- Mishloach Manot
- School supply fundraiser
- School directory advertisements
- Sukkah Hop
- Art Extravaganza
- Faculty/Staff Appreciation Week
For a list of upcoming PTO events, please visit our school calendar.
PTO Officers and Committee Chairs for 2017-8
Vice President/President Elect
Room Parent Coordinator
Each grade has group of room parents who serve as liaisons between each grade's teachers and parents and help keep everyone abreast of important school events and initiatives. Most room parent communication comes by email.
Lands' End Apparel
Purchasing Lands' End apparel with our school logo is a great way to show school pride. Even better, a portion of the proceeds come back to our school.
Customized sticky labels that can be applied to clothing, notebook, water bottles and more are a Lower Division fundraising favorite.