Highly personalized guidance through the college admission process is part of the Denver JDS package.
Our experienced college counselor, Cynthia (Ceci) Lowinger, LCSW, works closely with students and their families to arrive at a good match between the college and the student. Ceci's comprehensive and individualized counseling services have enabled hundreds of Denver JDS students to gain acceptance into and thrive at the colleges of their choice. From testing to college searches to applications and decisions, Ceci helps students -- and their parents -- navigate the road after high school.
The Denver JDS College Counseling Office is a member of the National Association for College Admission Counseling and the Rocky Mountain Association for College Admission Counseling.
The following documents are updated throughout the year for your information:
- Seniors’ College Timeline
- Tips for the College Application Process
- Procedures for College Applicants - 2013
- 2013-14 Upper Division profile
- College Newsletter - November 2013
- Colleges attended by our graduates
- College acceptances without matriculation
Students are encouraged to use the following links and information as they begin thinking about colleges.
- A guide to standardized testing
- Learn more about the ACT, including online registration
- Get information about the SAT, including online registration
- Access free SAT practice questions and tips for the exam
- Search a list of more than 830 four-year colleges that don't rely on SAT or ACT scores for admission
- Get help with test preparation and college selection
- Conduct a college search for nursing, culinary, honors programs and more
- Gain Kaplan test preparation skills
- Access online test-taking strategies
Planning for Financial Aid
Students applying for financial aid need to check, and be sure to meet the specific deadline for each school to which they apply. A separate Financial Aid page is coming soon.
Summer Program on College Campuses
A variety of college campuses offer summer programs for gifted & talented students in grades K-11. A separate Summer College Programs page is coming soon.