Denver JDS is committed to serving Jewish families from all economic backgrounds.
Tuition Assistance is awarded at varying levels based on individual need and including many variables, such as family’s adjusted gross income, number of children, and core expenses. Our tuition assistance process also includes takes into consideration extenuating circumstances such as job loss, medical emergencies, and elder care expenses, for example.
Denver JDS uses FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment to analyze applicants’ financial information. We then consider the FACTS recommendation in addition to overall need and our overall tuition assistance budget when determining tuition assistance awards.
At Denver JDS, tuition assistance requests are treated with the utmost confidentiality. It is important that tuition assistance applicants and recipients maintain that confidentiality as well. Discussion of tuition assistance status may result in revocation of a tuition assistance reward. When applying for tuition assistance, please check the box on your application form and/or contact Shayna Friedman directly.
Tuition Assistance Timeline
Please take noe of the following dates and associated deadlines:
- November 15, 2014 – Application with FACTS Grant and Aid Assessment available at factstuitionaid.com. You must apply and complete all information online.
- February 13, 2015 – Application and supporting documentation due to FACTS.
- February 20 - March 4, 2015 – Admission notification with letters of intent* sent to families.
- March 3 - 13, 2015 – Signed letters of intent* due to Denver JDS.
- April 21, 2015 – Notification of tuition assistance award and enrollment contracts mailed.
- April 28, 2015 – Enrollment contracts due to Denver JDS.
Post-deadline submissions for tuition assistance are considered on a fund-available basis.
*Letters of intent stipulate that a family will enroll their child(ren) at Denver JDS as long as the tuition assistance award enables them to do so. Tuition deposits are required in order for temporary contracts to be processed. Tuition deposits are refundable should the assistance award be insufficient however, the enrollment fee is non-refundable.
Tuition Assistance FAQs
Families frequently have questions regarding Tuition Assistance, so we've compiled answers to some of the most commmon ones.
Volunteerism, adult education, and our PTO are powerful ways for parents, grandparents, alumni and community members to participate and make a difference at Denver JDS. Learn more.